Minoxidil is very misunderstood when used for Hair Loss Treatments. Originally an oral blood pressure medication, Minoxidil systemically reduced the pressure caused by DHT (Dehydrotestosterone) related to hair thinning from Female Pattern Thinning and Male Pattern Thinning.
Applied topically Minoxidil does not have a systemic effect so is safe if you don’t have low blood pressure or use harsh chemicals and alcohols found in common Minoxidil formulas that break through the scalp skins.
On its own Minoxidil does not stop or block Dehydrotestosterone and should NOT be used as a Hair Loss Treatment on its own but with Combination Therapy Hair Loss Treatments.
Safe and effective Hair Loss Treatments and Minoxidil require the following:
- Correct diagnosis of Hair Loss or Hair Thinning
- Know the difference between Dehydrotestosterone Hair thinning and Hair Loss through the hair cycle
- Always use a natural Dehydrotestosterone blocker when using Minoxidil
- Stop the buildup of Dehydrotestosterone before trying to move DHT away with Minoxidil
- Use HLCC Re-Stim Plus safe Minoxidil formula in base of Aloe Vera
- Use natural scalp preparation before applying Minoxidil to eliminate chemicals and harmful ingredients
- Understand that when you inhibit DHT internally and topically naturally then Minoxidil is only required for a short time with Hair Loss Treatments
- Using the right Minoxidil in the right way will not cause hair loss when you cease using it
For more information on Hair Loss Treatments and how to safely use Minoxidil and for a correct diagnosis contact Carolyn Evans-Frost I.A.T. Trichologist Absolique Hair Health Clinic.