Women’s Hair Loss
For a woman, the experience of losing her hair is very traumatic. The matrix of emotions and the psychological impact is complex. Feelings of confusion, fear, and anxiety are common, and accompanied by understandable feelings of helplessness. Women’s Hair Loss in most cases has a combination of causes which need to be professionally diagnosed by a modern Trichologist as soon as possible.
WHAT WOMENS HAIR LOSS IS, AND WHAT IT IS NOT:
Hair Loss can be experienced by women at any age, from puberty through to prime of life and maturity. Female Hair Loss is NOT normal and you should never accept it as such.
- Female Hair Loss is not a result of aging
- Female Hair Loss is not a result of stress alone
- Female Hair Loss is not a result of hair colouring or chemical services alone
- Female Hair Loss is not a result of health problems alone
- Female Hair Loss is not a result of hair styling alone
- Female Hair Loss is not a result of oil or scale on your scalp on its own
- Female Hair Loss is not a result of the wrong shampoo and conditioner
- Female Hair Loss is not a result of washing your hair too frequently, or too infrequently
The occurrence of hair loss in women has steadily increased over the past few decades, and is now thought to occur at least as frequently in the general female population as it does with males.
As a Trichologist, I encounter an increasing number of women of all ages with Genetic Hair Loss combined with other causes. Females in their early 20 are presenting with combination hair loss and thinning hair problems in my Hair Health Clinic. For most females hair loss and hair thinning, have a combination of nutritional, medical and genetic causes. This combination makes up the majority of my Trichology clients.
ABOUT WOMENS HAIR LOSS – GENETIC – INHERITED:
Genetically inherited hair loss in women, termed Female Pattern Thinning (FMPT), is a recessive trait. Meaning you must inherit the FMPT gene from both parents to be genetically predisposed to the hair thinning.
If the genetic inheritance is strong, which you will know by looking at your family back ground, you may show Female Pattern Thinning without any other causative factors.
This is unusual in most women, but if it is happening to you, and you can see a pattern with others in your family, early diagnosis, and preventative measures may be all that is necessary to prevent this type of hair loss affecting you and your generation of family members.
Female Pattern Thinning is genetically inherited, but is also caused by Hormonal and Environmental Influences that we are all exposed to which triggers the hair thinning.
This is commonly found in in association with any or a number of the following conditions:
- Women with PMT symptoms and monthly menstrual cycle problems
- Hormonal Influences and Imbalances
- Post Partum Alopecia (Post Pregnancy Hair Loss)
- Iron Deficiency and Anaemia
- Thyroid Imbalances and Fluctuations
- Blood Sugar Fluctuations and Diabetes
- Loose Anlagen Syndrome – diffuse hair loss
- Telogen Effluvium – diffuse hair loss
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Absolique Hair Health Clinic Sydney has developed the Hair Health Check which is an informative Diagnostic Consultation session using a highly magnified microscope to scientifically diagnose your individual Hair Loss Problem. The Hair Health Check will quickly diagnose your hair loss problem and determine which Hair Loss Treatments would be most effective for your individual hair loss problem, health and lifestyle.